- Visa (V +0.2%) CEO Charlie Scharf presented today at a JPMorgan tech and media conference with a positive spin on the state of the global consumer.
- Despite the obvious difficulties the company will have achieving its targeted growth rates in Russia and Venezuela, emerging markets and a payments acceleration in the U.S. should offset.
- On EMV chip implementation: Visa supports moving forward with the technology as a way to reduce fraud losses. The process will take "years," not months.
- Visa's margins might be maintained, but most likely won't be expanded as acquisitions and investments cut in.
- The company forecasts it will ultimately benefit from higher interest rates.
- JPMorgan Global Technology, Media & Telecom Conference webcast
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 1:30AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Wed, 2:15PM)
at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 8, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 24, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs