- Citing sources, CNBC reports Alibaba (ABABA) "could look to make its stock market debut the first week of August."
- The company reportedly expects to receive feedback from the SEC about its F-1 filing (published two weeks ago) as soon as June 7, and then "spend a few weeks correcting or clarifying any issues raised." Presumably, Alibaba would then launch its IPO roadshow.
- Yahoo (YHOO +1.4%) followed Internet peers higher today. The company sold off after Alibaba filed its F-1, but rallied in April after posting Alibaba's Q4 numbers.
- The Q4 figures led some of the sell-side to argue a $200B+ post-IPO valuation is possible. The recent selloff in Chinese Internet stocks might temper Alibaba's multiples a bit.
- Related tickers: SFTBF, SFTBY