- Vodafone's (VOD) FY EBITDA dropped 5.4% to £12.8B as revenue slipped 1.9% to £43.6B, hurt by the carrier's exposure to sluggish European markets.
- Net profit attributable to shareholders soared to £59.25B from £413M a year earlier, boosted by the sale of Vodafone's 45% stake in Verizon Wireless for $130B, for which the British carrier received a one-off contribution of £48.2B.
- Adjusted operating profit dropped 37% to £7.67B, mainly due to a much lower contribution from Verizon Wireless before it was sold.
- In Q4, organic service revenue declined 3.8%, although that was slightly less than consensus of -3.9%.
- Expects FY 2015 EBITDA to drop to £11.4-11.9B.
- "Our operational performance has been mixed," says CEO Vittorio Colao. While Vodafone's "emerging markets businesses have performed strongly," in Europe, the company continues "to face competitive, regulatory and macroeconomic pressures."
- Vodafone declared a final dividend of 7.47 pence a share, giving total dividends of 11 pence, up 8%. (PR)
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 7, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs