- Vodafone's (VOD) FY EBITDA dropped 5.4% to £12.8B as revenue slipped 1.9% to £43.6B, hurt by the carrier's exposure to sluggish European markets.
- Net profit attributable to shareholders soared to £59.25B from £413M a year earlier, boosted by the sale of Vodafone's 45% stake in Verizon Wireless for $130B, for which the British carrier received a one-off contribution of £48.2B.
- Adjusted operating profit dropped 37% to £7.67B, mainly due to a much lower contribution from Verizon Wireless before it was sold.
- In Q4, organic service revenue declined 3.8%, although that was slightly less than consensus of -3.9%.
- Expects FY 2015 EBITDA to drop to £11.4-11.9B.
- "Our operational performance has been mixed," says CEO Vittorio Colao. While Vodafone's "emerging markets businesses have performed strongly," in Europe, the company continues "to face competitive, regulatory and macroeconomic pressures."
- Vodafone declared a final dividend of 7.47 pence a share, giving total dividends of 11 pence, up 8%. (PR)
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jun 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 18, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Apr 10, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 16, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs