- Staples (SPLS) reports comparable-store sales fell 4% in Q1.
- Store traffic was also down 4% for the period.
- The company's operating income rate dived 270 bps to 3.5%.
- Segment revenue growth: North American Stores and Online -4.9% to $2.63B; North American Commercial +0.7% to $2.06B; International Operations -3.9% to $964M.
- Guidance for Q2 EPS is set by Staples at $0.09-$0.14 vs. $0.15 consensus.
- SPLS -9.5% premarket to $12.09.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 21, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 23, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 4, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Feb 24, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Feb 11, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs