- Lenovo's (LNVGF) FY net profit leapt 29% to $817M and met forecasts, while revenue climbed 14% to $38.71B.
- Personal computer shipments grew 5% to 55M units despite the broader market contracting.
- Lenovo's smartphone shipments surged 72% to over 50M units, "driven by the strong growth in China and emerging markets."
- Revenue at Lenovo's mobile Internet and digital-home business - which develops the company's smartphones - soared 86.1% to $5.7B.
- However, Lenovo's Chinese sales rose just 1.3% to $14.7B and accounted for 38% of the company's overall revenues. Operating profit was $788M out of a total of $1.05B. Lenovo's operating margin in the country increased 0.9 of a percentage point to 5.4%.
- EMEA sales +27.1%, Americas +31.1%.
- Q4 net profit grew 25% to $158.3M but missed consensus of $163.6M. Sales increased to $9.4B from $7.83B and topped forecasts of $9B.
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 8, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 5, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 28, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 26, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (May 16, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs