Einhorn a buyer of American Capital Agency

• A notable new position disclosed in Greenlight Capital's recently released 13F is a more than 5M share stake in American Capital Agency (AGNC).
  • It was two years ago this month when Einhorn called the mortgage REIT sector - then trading at a premium to book value - a short, noting yield-desperate Japanese investors were beginning to pull money out. The sector peaked about 3 months later, and bottomed out around the end of 2013.
  • Related ETFs: REM, MORT, MORL
Comments (10)
  • Eudaimonia
    , contributor
    Comments (546) | Send Message

Good luck!~
    21 May, 09:39 AM Reply Like
  • 20/20Dividends
    , contributor
    Comments (35) | Send Message

he purchased as high as $22.66...... excellent news for AGNC shareholders...
    21 May, 02:06 PM Reply Like
  • Danny1929
    , contributor
    Comments (93) | Send Message

I purchased as high as 30 something. Sucks. Don't get suckered in by crazy yields like some sucker.
    21 May, 09:48 PM Reply Like
  • fayrweather
    , contributor
    Comments (63) | Send Message

so buy more now.....and hold. buying income producing assets will always win in the end. even better if you are buying at a discount. just my take
    21 May, 10:03 PM Reply Like
  • 20/20Dividends
    , contributor
    Comments (35) | Send Message

I purchased at 21.70 ........if you purchased at 30.... drip your dividends.....and hold for long term... you will do fine...
    22 May, 02:19 AM Reply Like
  • fayrweather
    , contributor
    Comments (63) | Send Message

MORL should be looked at differently than other investments. This is like buying a business, or some apartments, or other rental property. I'm not as concerned with the value of the property, as I am about the income at the moment. 20% or so a year will make up for any loss in property value. And ultimately win in the end. If $10 gets me two dollars a year for many years this accounts for some drop in property value over time, and in reality the long-term income will raise the property value! This is much different than a buy and sell type of stock, I have no interest in selling.
    22 May, 09:14 AM Reply Like
  • Dividends#1
    , contributor
    Comments (2600) | Send Message

20/20Dividneds,

I have been buying for 2 1/2 years and my average price is $21.80, that includes all buys, sells and dividends. I made the mistake of buying in the 30's when it was trading above BV. I learned to never buy mREITs above BV. I had a huge position which comprised approximately 65% of my portfolio. I recently sold off 15% at a profit and now AGNC comprises about 50% of my portfolio.

I bought PSEC with the proceeds.

Everybody, (the majority of so called experts have predicted that interest rates will go up significantly), They have been wrong as usual, the majority is wrong.

Here is an article from one of the contrarians regarding rates, link below. So, far he is on the money. Time will tell where rates will go. The way I see it is rates will go lower and then trend back up to 3% on the ten year over the next year, 3.3% and then back down again. We shall see.

22 May, 09:56 AM Reply Like
  • 20/20Dividends
    , contributor
    Comments (35) | Send Message

D#1,
    nice average price.... I might pick up some more if it drops a little lower.... i'm looking to buy more ARCP(huge volume today) today if it gets down to the low 12's..... I also have a large stake in PSEC ... gotta love those monthly dividends.... way oversold... making a little comeback today....You may want to check out out NRF... i have owned that for many years.... dripping all the way(very large position now).... and it is going to spin off part of the company....
    22 May, 12:01 PM Reply Like
  • Dividends#1
    , contributor
    Comments (2600) | Send Message

20/20Dividends,

Thanks for NRF. I am going to put it on my watch list. At this time, I am looking for high yielders. I own PSEC 13%+, AGNC 11%+, MTGE almost 13%, KMR with a stock dividend effectively 7.7% or higher and MO 4.7%, MO is my most stable stock, that I believe will compound nicely over 15-20 years.

When I need to diversify, I will look at NRF more for the future. I am compiling a list of nice dividend payers like NRF, 6.4% is nothing to sneeze at, I know. Thanks again. I see NRF has a fantastic total return, much better then PSEC.

Good luck.

Yes, I love the monthly payments from PSEC. My cost basis is $10.26 and I have a full position. I was going to wait, but I have little patience, so I bought at what is a discount to BV.
    22 May, 01:08 PM Reply Like
  • dratomic1
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Fantastic interview link about interest rates, U.S. and world markets. No investor should miss it.
    Thanks.
    22 May, 12:21 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
ETF Investment Guide:
Table of Contents | One Page Summary
Read about different ETF Asset Classes:
ETF Selector

Next headline on your portfolio: