- ViaSat (VSAT -6.5%) commercial network revenue grew 15% Y/Y in FQ4 to $96.1M, a marked slowdown from FQ3's 34% growth. Moreover, rising investments led the division's adjusted EBITDA to fall to just $1.9M.
- At the same time, satellite services revenue (consumer-driven) rose 35% Y/Y to $105.9M vs. 37% in FQ3. The division had adjusted EBITDA of $25.5M (up over 2x Y/Y), and consumer broadband subs rose by 21K Q/Q to 641K.
- Government revenue fell 3% to $142M (nearly even with FQ3's decline) thanks to the completion of ViaSat's Blue Force Tracking bandwidth contract. Adjusted EBITDA was a healthy $30.2M.
- ViaSat also disclosed it spent nearly $25M in FY14 on legal expenses. Last month, the company won a $283M jury verdict for its IP/breach of contract suit against Loral (LORL -0.7%).
- Wells Fargo's pre-earnings upgrade wasn't well-timed.
- FQ4 results, PR
ViaSat -6.5% on FQ4 miss, commercial slowdown
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Dec 23, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 19, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Apr 27, 2014)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 13, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs