- SINA expects Q2 revenue of $177M-$182M, soundly below a $197.7M consensus.
- Weibo (WB), 57%-owned by Sina following its IPO, expects Q2 revenue of $74M-$76M, below a $77.9M consensus. The microblogging leader (revenue +161% Y/Y) accounted for 40% of Sina's Q1 revenue of $167.3M.
- Sina's online ad revenue (inc. Weibo) rose 44% Y/Y in Q1 to $135.7M, while its non-ad revenue rose 17% to $31.6M.
- Gross margin was 60% vs. 64% in Q4 and 51% a year ago, and opex rose 50% Y/Y to $104.4M (exceeding rev. growth of 38%).
- Weibo's ad/marketing revenue rose 161% Y/Y to $51.9M, and its value-added service revenue grew 120% to $15.7M. Display ad growth boosted the former figure, as did promoted Weibo feeds and e-commerce ads stemming from the company's Alibaba partnership.
- Weibo's costs/expenses rose 76% Y/Y to $73.1M. Monthly active users (MAUs) rose by 14.7M Q/Q to 129.1M, and daily active users by 5.2M to 66.6M.
- Sina: Q1 results, PR. Weibo: Q1 results, PR
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Zacks.com (Mar 13, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 11, 2015)
After-Hours Earnings Report for March 10, 2015 : PAY, SINA, HTHT, NCS, ALOG, TXMD, GCA, SUPN, TCRD, FCEL, KOPN, ZGNXat Nasdaq.com (Mar 10, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 16, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs