- After releasing its core results early, H-P (HPQ) has provided its full FQ2 report after the close. The IT giant guides for FQ3 EPS of $0.86-$0.90 vs. an $0.89 consensus, and FY14 EPS of $3.63-$3.75 vs. a $3.71 consensus.
- H-P also announces it's increasing the size of its job cuts by 11K-16K positions. The company, which had ~317K employees last year, has already announced plans to shed 34K jobs.
- $831M was spent on buybacks in FQ2, helping EPS meet estimates in spite of a revenue miss. Gross margin rose 50 bps Y/Y to 24.2%. R&D spend +7% Y/Y to $873M, SG&A spend +1% to $3.39B.
- Contributing to the revenue miss: Printing revenue fell 4% Y/Y after falling 2% in FQ1, enterprise hardware fell 2% after growing 1%, and enterprise services once more fell 7%.
- PCs were healthier (+7% vs. +4%, with 12% commercial growth offsetting a 2% consumer drop). As was software (flat vs. -4%, with 8% license growth). Financial services -2% vs. -9%.
- High-margin printing supplies revenue fell 7%, while printing hardware units rose 1%. In enterprise hardware, a 6% drop in storage and a 14% drop in business critical systems (Itanium weakness) offset a 6% increase in networking. x86 servers rose 1%.
- HPQ -1.2% AH after falling 2.3% in regular trading. FQ2 results, PR