- Apple (AAPL) "nearly imploded with outrage" when it caught wind of a video featuring (colorful) remarks from Dr. Dre that appeared to confirm Apple is acquiring Beats, Billboard reports.
- Billboard, which has plenty of music industry sources, still hears a deal is happening, but also reports hearing various issues have slowed down the process, with the video being one of them.
- Others include: 1) The sheer size of the deal - Apple is used to buying smaller companies. 2) Concerns about how Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine will fit; Apple reportedly isn't sure if they should be consultants or full-time employees. 3) Negotiating a price for the Beats Music streaming service, which is only partly owned by Beats Electronics.
- The magazine also states (citing a source "in and around" the talks) Apple was "nowhere near ready" to have media reports of the deal break when they did.
- Previous: Sell-side commentary on Apple/Beats
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Fri, 11:16AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 3:25PM)
Video at CNBC.com (Thu, 8:00AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Tue, 8:30AM)
Video at CNBC.com (Mon, 5:15PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs