- Qihoo (QIHU) expects Q2 revenue of $300M-$305M, well above a $270.2M consensus.
- Q1 results trounced estimates on the back of a 120.9% Y/Y increase in ad revenue to $140M, and a 172.2% increase in value-added service (largely gaming) revenue to $124.8M.
- Improving search/mobile monetization contributed to the ad growth. Qihoo notes it's now estimated to have 25% of the Chinese search market, up from 23% in Q4; the company has been aiming for a 30% share by year's end.
- Total users of Qihoo products/services rose by 4M Q/Q and 38M Y/Y to 497M. Users of Qihoo's 360 Mobile Safe app rose another 13% Q/Q and 96% Y/Y to 538M.
- Daily unique home page visitors rose by 3M Q/Q to 122M, after slipping by 7M in Q4. Average home page daily clicks rose by 91M Q/Q to 772M.
- Gross margin fell to 79.5% from 87.4% a year ago. Opex rose 101% Y/Y to $155.2M.
- Q1 results, PR
Qihoo +5.4% AH on Q1 beat, strong Q2 outlook
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
Qihoo 360 Technology : Xueda Education Group : Announces Updates on its Joint-Venture with Qihoo 360at 4-traders.com (Mar 25, 2015)
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 2, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 24, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs