- Splunk (SPLK) expects FQ2 revenue of $92M-$94M, above a $91.6M consensus. But FY15 (ends Jan. '15) guidance is for revenue of $402M-$410M, which is only in-line with a $406.9M consensus. After many quarters of guiding above consensus, investors wanted more.
- License revenue (drives future services revenue) grew 42% Y/Y to $51.3M. Services revenue grew 65% to $34.6M. 400+ customers were added, raising the total to 7.4K+.
- FQ1 op. margin was -4.2%, above guidance of -8% to -10%. GAAP opex rose 84% Y/Y to $121.8M, with sizable increases in sales/marketing, R&D, and G&A spend.
- Guidance for an FY15 op. margin of "approximately zero" is being reiterated. FQ2 op. margin is expected to be in the -2% to -4% range.
- Splunk's deferred revenue balance rose 65% Y/Y to $194M.
- FQ1 results, PR