- Consumers are rapidly adapting to purchasing movies through digital channels, according to NPD.
- The growth rate for the electronic sell-through of movies is triple of that for TV EST.
- The exclusive early release window for some digital titles appears to be helping to boost demand and awareness.
- The trend is encouraging for studios (DIS, LGF, SNE, VIAB, TWX, FOXA, VIA, CMCSA) looking to capture some of the lost revenue from the lower demand for DVDs.
- Movie theater operators (CKEC, CNK, RGC, MCS, RDI, AMC, DCIN) might look at the development differently with their revenue share mix tilted higher the longer movies stay in a theater.
NPD: Digital movie sales becoming a bigger factor
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Apr 9, 2015)
at MarketRealist.com (Mar 20, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 13, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Mar 12, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 27, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs