- The Government Pension Investment Fund should announce a reshuffling of assets in which, predicts Nomura, it would sell as much as $200B in domestic bonds to buy overseas assets. The team at Nomura sees the move as weakening the yen about about 10%.
- If done at the right time, says Mitsubishi UFJ's Daisaku Ueno, dollar-yen could top ¥110 this year (¥102 at the moment).
- A Bloomberg survey sees the fund cutting its local bond holding from 60% to 40%, and boosting its targets for foreign stocks to 17% and 14% (from 12% and 11%, respectively).
- The Nikkei closed 2.1% higher overnight.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, JPNL, DXJS, JSC, ITF, JPP, JPNS, HEWJ, FJP, DXJT, DXJH, DXJC, DXJR, DXJF
Japan pension fund "bombshell" expected this year
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Tue, 10:50AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 28, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs