- The Government Pension Investment Fund should announce a reshuffling of assets in which, predicts Nomura, it would sell as much as $200B in domestic bonds to buy overseas assets. The team at Nomura sees the move as weakening the yen about about 10%.
- If done at the right time, says Mitsubishi UFJ's Daisaku Ueno, dollar-yen could top ¥110 this year (¥102 at the moment).
- A Bloomberg survey sees the fund cutting its local bond holding from 60% to 40%, and boosting its targets for foreign stocks to 17% and 14% (from 12% and 11%, respectively).
- The Nikkei closed 2.1% higher overnight.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, JPNL, DXJS, JSC, ITF, JPP, JPNS, HEWJ, FJP, DXJT, DXJH, DXJC, DXJR, DXJF
Japan pension fund "bombshell" expected this year
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 19, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 3, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 23, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 13, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs