- The Government Pension Investment Fund should announce a reshuffling of assets in which, predicts Nomura, it would sell as much as $200B in domestic bonds to buy overseas assets. The team at Nomura sees the move as weakening the yen about about 10%.
- If done at the right time, says Mitsubishi UFJ's Daisaku Ueno, dollar-yen could top ¥110 this year (¥102 at the moment).
- A Bloomberg survey sees the fund cutting its local bond holding from 60% to 40%, and boosting its targets for foreign stocks to 17% and 14% (from 12% and 11%, respectively).
- The Nikkei closed 2.1% higher overnight.
- ETFs: DXJ, EWJ, FXY, YCS, DFJ, JYN, NKY, DBJP, EZJ, EWV, YCL, SCJ, JPNL, DXJS, JSC, ITF, JPP, JPNS, HEWJ, FJP, DXJT, DXJH, DXJC, DXJR, DXJF
at Nasdaq.com (Mon, 11:22AM)