- "Our core belief is that we do not know where interest rates are going," says Ellington Management (EFC, EARN) presenting at KBW.
- Presentation slides and webcast
- He notes both Ellington Financial (EFC) and Ellington Residential (EARN) cruised through the sharp rise in interest rates last year, with book values remaining largely intact. While EFC's portfolio is 85% non-agency & credit plays and 15% agency, EARN is the flip, with 85% agency and 15% non-agency.
- EFC's current dividend yield is 12.8% and management expects the quarterly payout of $0.77 to continue. The board will consider a special dividend at the end of the year.
- Other notes: Ellington's been talking about investing in an origination platform for about a year, and, now that mortgage originations look to have bottomed, that day appears to be getting closer. "The market is coming to us." By the end of the year, says the team, odds are good Ellington will have stakes in one or two originators.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Oct 22, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 16, 2012)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs