- American Airlines Group (AAL +2.4%) held its annual shareholder meeting today in New York amid some mild protests over retiree benefits and other labor issues.
- CEO Doug Parker reigned over the meeting with shares of AAL up over 70% since the combination of AMR and US airways, and for the most sailed through the Q&A part of the session.
- The exec said the company will consider making some moves to boost shareholder returns.
- He also noted the American is on track to achieve the promised $1B in net synergies from its merger.
- American Airlines Annual Shareholder Meeting webcast
Airline Stock Roundup: Earnings Dominate Headlines; American Airlines and Southwest Beat Estimates - Analyst Blog
at Zacks.com (Wed, 2:35PM)