- Seemingly setting the stage for QE, Mario Draghi - beginning his post-ECB policy meeting press conference - says the central bank wii stop sterilizing its previous bond purchases made under the Securities Market Program (SMP).
- "The governing council is committed to using unconventional measures if there is too long a period of too low inflation." Among the moves are targeted LTROs and purchases of asset-backed securities.
- The Stoxx 50 (FEZ) is ahead 1.5% now, and the euro -0.7%.
- ETFs: FXE, VGK, EUO, FEZ, ERO, IEV, EPV, EZU, HEDJ, DRR, FEU, FEP, UPV, ULE, EUFX, ADRU, URR, FEEU, EURL, EURZ, FIEU, DBEU
- Also with their tail in the air are U.S. futures, the S&P 500 (SPY) up 0.4% after being flat earlier, and U.S. Treasury yields - the 10-year jumps to 2.64% from 2.57% earlier.
- ETFs: SPY, SH, TBT, TLT, SSO, SDS, VOO, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, TMV, SPXL, RSP, TBF, RWL, EPS, EDV, TMF, TTT, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, BXUB, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, TLO, SFLA, SPLX, BXUC, TENZ, LBND, TYBS, SPUU, DLBL
- Previously: ECB goes negative
Negative rates not the end of moves for the ECB
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 12, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Nov 30, 2010)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs