- eBay's (EBAY -2.1%) traffic growth declined meaningfully in late May following the rollout of Google search algorithm changes, writes Baird's Colin Sebastian.
- Sebastian also thinks eBay's security breach and pre-Memorial Day softness may have taken a toll.
- An initial analysis from SearchEngine Journal estimated eBay saw a 33% drop in Google search traffic following algorithm changes, and SEO firm Wordstream estimated eBay had "lost around 75%" of its keyword terms from Page 1 of Google's results.
- Like others, Sebastian expects eBay to adapt to Google's changes. He also sees the company buying more of Google's product listing ads (PLAs).
- Previous: Wells Fargo cuts eBay PT on security/search worries
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 17, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jul 7, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 10, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jun 3, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs