- Iraq is descending into chaos, as Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city, has fallen to militants, and reports have them driving into the town of Baiji, home to Iraq’s largest oil refinery.
- The country's oil minister claims Iraq’s oil-producing south is secure and oil exports are unaffected, but the main export pipeline to the Mediterranean runs past Mosul and already has been sabotaged more than 50 times this year.
- Although the insurgency hasn’t spread to Iraq’s Kurdistan region, the conflict has the potential to nip its oil export industry in the bud.
- It's also another worry for OPEC ministers, who are already struggling to compensate for lost Libyan crude, while Iran is still hobbled by Western sanctions.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, DTO, BNO, DBO, CRUD, USL, UWTI, DWTI, DNO, SZO, OLO, OLEM
Iraq in flames again, rebounding oil industry threatened
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Thu, 12:15PM)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 12, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 26, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Feb 23, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs