- Alibaba (ABABA) had a GMV of RMB430B ($69.1B) for seasonally weak Q1, -19% Q/Q and +46% Y/Y. The Y/Y growth rate slipped from Q4's 53%.
- Active buyers grew 10% Q/Q to 255M. Mobile accounted for 27.4% of GMV, up from 19.7% in Q4 and 10.7% a year ago. Mobile MAUs +20% Q/Q to 163M.
- For the year ending March 31, Alibaba had revenue of $8.45B (+52% Y/Y), and adjusted net income of $4.44B. Free cash flow was $5.19B. Revenue growth slowed a bit from the 57% seen for the 9 months ending Dec. 31.
- Alibaba's Taobao (consumer-to-consumer) marketplace had a Q1 GMV of RMB295B (+32% Y/Y, 69% of total), and its Tmall site (business-to-consumer) a GMV of RMB135B (+90% Y/Y, 31% of total).
- Yahoo (YHOO) isn't responding well to the numbers. Alibaba still hasn't proposed a symbol or valuation. The company is reportedly looking to go public in early August.
- Alibaba's revised F-1
- Update: The figures imply calendar Q1 revenue of $1.93B, +39% Y/Y. That represents a big slowdown from the 66% growth reported for Q4.
at CNBC.com (Nov 19, 2014)