- Sources tell the WSJ Nuance (NUAN +8.5%) has recently held talks with Samsung and P-E firms about a potential sale. However, it isn't clear where the talks currently stand.
- Nuance's voice recognition tech helps power Samsung's S-Voice platform, and has been integrated within Samsung phones, tablets, TVs, and smartwatches.
- It also helps power Apple's Siri - Cupertino likely wouldn't be pleased with a Samsung deal.
- With a current $5.8B market cap, Nuance would be a big fish to digest. 11% of the float was shorted as of May 30.
- Earlier: Nuance reportedly exploring sale
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 25, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 9, 2015)
at Benzinga.com (Jan 6, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 9, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 25, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs