- Sources tell the WSJ Nuance (NUAN +8.5%) has recently held talks with Samsung and P-E firms about a potential sale. However, it isn't clear where the talks currently stand.
- Nuance's voice recognition tech helps power Samsung's S-Voice platform, and has been integrated within Samsung phones, tablets, TVs, and smartwatches.
- It also helps power Apple's Siri - Cupertino likely wouldn't be pleased with a Samsung deal.
- With a current $5.8B market cap, Nuance would be a big fish to digest. 11% of the float was shorted as of May 30.
- Earlier: Nuance reportedly exploring sale
at CNBC.com (Oct 9, 2014)