Global Hunter a bull on Breitburn and Gastar

Starting BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP +0.4%) with an Accumulate rating and $23 price target, analyst Sunil Sibal notes: 1) Increasing leverage to liquids production growth thanks to acquisitions in the Permian and Oklahoma; 2) Advantaged cost of capital positions the company well for additional acquisitions; 3) Growing inventory of organic development opportunities.

Started with a Buy at Global Hunter is Gastar Exploration (GST +1.6%).

From other sites
Comments (6)
  • buylowsellhighonemoretime
    , contributor
    Comments (13) | Send Message

are their any issues with owning BBEP inside an IRA?
    20 Jun 2014, 11:28 AM Reply Like
  • badbernanke
    , contributor
    Comments (394) | Send Message

You will hear about the tax on UBTI in excess of $1,000. I had 700 units of BBEP in my IRA, but only for about the last 2 months of 2013 (I still hold them in the IRA in 2014). The company reported UBTI of negative $177. UBTI loss (like my $177) can be carried forward to future years and in effect raise the $1,000 amount by the amount of the carryover.
    20 Jun 2014, 12:26 PM Reply Like
  • Seeking Bourbon
    , contributor
    Comments (143) | Send Message

what's the price target on GST?
    20 Jun 2014, 12:57 PM Reply Like
  • sah1k
    , contributor
    Comments (420) | Send Message

GST is fascinating. I got long the common at $1.25 and the preferred GST-A at 18 a while back. I kept and added to the preferred but was scared out of the common around $1.10 when CHK sued them for more than their market cap at the time. They are worth between $8.50-14 a share in current assets (petroleum engineering background). That would have been my 2nd biggest trade of all time with buying AAPL at the bottom during the 2008/9 recession and selling it in the mid 600's being #1.

I prefer MCEP over BBEP but have bids in the 18-19 range on BBEP. I am long LINE, LNCO, ETE, KMI, MCEP, and TGP in that sector.
    20 Jun 2014, 01:09 PM Reply Like
  • David L. Powell
    , contributor
    Comments (193) | Send Message

nice call on the preferred. anyone besides me notice a mini flash crash on GSTpfB yesterday late afternoon? it went from 28.xx to 26.xx in an instant on an extraordinarily strong day for GST. kind of odd...
    21 Jun 2014, 01:38 PM Reply Like
  • Pablomike
    , contributor
    Comments (4685) | Send Message

I really doubt you'll get BBEP for that price. Last summers flash crash may have been once in a lifetime opportunity.
    21 Jun 2014, 03:57 PM Reply Like