Alstom board to meet on new offers

From other sites
Comments (6)
  • omarbradley
    , contributor
    Comments (964) | Send Message

sold my GE and this is exactly why. Having said that France would be a fool to say no to this deal. I don't thinks it's bad for GE shareholders...but it's clearly great news for France. I simply cannot even understand the complexity of the Siemens deal...let alone for the fact that Japan and Germany will carve up Siemens as clearly they represent a competitor and their offer is nothing more than a "take out price."

While i don't see any high speed rail lines coming to the USA anytime soon...I sure can see self driving cars from the USA coming to Europe soon.
    20 Jun 2014, 11:54 AM Reply Like
  • Hemmer
    , contributor
    Comments (21) | Send Message

Omar... as one of your famous buddy Generals said" I shall return " I can see you buying more GE shares down the road if your smart and you are smart Omar
    20 Jun 2014, 12:13 PM Reply Like
  • joegillam
    , contributor
    Comments (561) | Send Message

Omar, you should have held on. This Alstom thing is deep ca-ca, but only a bump in the road for us GE holders. I still see $30 shares and the continuing inching up of the dividend.

The root here is the US tax structure that handicaps the return to the US of off-shore profits. If that problem was fixed GE would not be looking for some half-way house to park money and just might bring it home and give a dab to us share holders.

But, like the Keystone pipeline confusion we have but one soul to thank for this mess.

Joe In Georgia
    20 Jun 2014, 12:25 PM Reply Like
  • Nettligent
    , contributor
    Comments (1349) | Send Message

The New Beginning: we sold half of our GE shares yesterday to buy new Alstom shares today.
    20 Jun 2014, 12:46 PM Reply Like
  • richard costello
    , contributor
    Comments (17) | Send Message

As a shareholder GE I am now thinking of selling my shares.. I cannot believe that you and the other companies involved are being asked to act like puppets on a string by constantly being told to keep on increasing your initial fair bid price.. What will it take for you, (OTCPK:SIEGY) and (OTCPK:MHVYF) to realize that you are all being played the fool by certain parties involved.. GE, you have always negotiated in a fair and honorable way by always offering top dollar for all of your investments but in this case no amount seems to be enough.. in my opinion GE (and I no my thoughts mean nothing to you) it's time to get up from the negotiations table and just say have a nice day then simply walk away!!
    20 Jun 2014, 03:33 PM Reply Like
  • Lineman75
    , contributor
    Comments (11) | Send Message

One can understand the French Government looking to get the best possible deal from a company like GE.

Perhaps it has not sunk in yet but GE may talk the talk but it is a monolithic bureaucracy.Executives flying round on world tours in private jets, insisting on Mercedes or BMW's with tinted windows to chauffer them around and acting like they were movie stars. Insisting on staying at 5 star hotels as 4 star is not good enough for them. All the while ordinary staff are told to not to travel at all, and if the journey is less than 6 hours are expected to drive rather than fly !!! It has Execs have become arrogant sending out e mails to all employees weeks ago telling them that Alstom was a done deal and that the acquisition team had done a great job and that the integration team were now preparing to sit down with Alstom. Excuse me YOU HAVE NOT YET SEALED THE DEAL. This type of arrogance does not sit well with Europeans. We are often accussed of being overbearing and brash. I wonder why that is ?

So with GE acting like this in Europe and currently in Court in France for allegedly breaching French labor laws is it any wonder GE is regarded with hostility.

Its about time there was an audit of all the Executive "perks" and see what they costing us the owners of the company. My Father always taught me to lead by example. But with GE its case of do as I say not what I do. Never a good motivational management policy.
    20 Jun 2014, 04:45 PM Reply Like