After hours Gainers / Losers

Top gainers, as of 5:15 p.m.: HERO +5.1%. ZPIN +3.9%. SNHY +3.7%. CLDX +3.6%. CXDC +3.4%.

Top losers, as of 5:15 p.m.: TSLA -3.2%. AMBA -3.0%. UBNT -3.0%. YNDX -2.9%. SCTY -2.9%.

From other sites
Comments (8)
  • mershaw2001
    , contributor
    Comments (112) | Send Message

Not sure how you're finding these, but TSLA isn't down in after hours, it's up. Your algorithm or whatever you used picked up on a late institutional trade that was just printed after hours. This isn't the first time this happened either...
    23 Jun 2014, 05:41 PM Reply Like
  • arondaniel
    , contributor
    Comments (1663) | Send Message

Looking at "the source" NASDAQ dot com, the low AH for SCTY today was 67.78 @ 17:15:10 and TSLA was 229.20 @ 17:15:24. The highs came about a minute later and were higher than the closing price.

So the SA news bot is technically "correct" yet maybe not very useful since it seems to be calculating the "top" gainers and losers by looking only at the AH trading min/max so far, as opposed to where the AH price actually is at time of computation.

If I was coding it I would just report the top gainers/losers at some arbitrary time (5:30P maybe?) and then for fun add a 3rd category for "most volatile" which would probably have TSLA on it every day.
    23 Jun 2014, 06:03 PM Reply Like
  • Kaiserdog76
    , contributor
    Comments (166) | Send Message

Agreed. This is poor excuse for "news" it is full of desperate "shorts". Imo
    23 Jun 2014, 05:43 PM Reply Like
  • johnboot
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Completely incorrect info about TSLA . It's actually up after hours
    23 Jun 2014, 06:10 PM Reply Like
  • digger27
    , contributor
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Interesting that the two totally wrong top losers after hours (TSLA and SCTY) are both Musk companies. Both are UP after hours. AMBA, UBNT, YNDX are, in fact, down in after hours. If this is actually news, then I think a correction is in order.
    23 Jun 2014, 06:12 PM Reply Like
  • arondaniel
    , contributor
    Comments (1663) | Send Message

No correction needed for what can be explained by code. See my comment above.
    23 Jun 2014, 06:16 PM Reply Like
  • confrontingBabel
    , contributor
    Comments (7) | Send Message

Thanks for the heads-up guys that this stuff is occasionally wrong. However - I must note that Seeking Alpha & Market-watch over the last three months have given better, more accurate news over the last three months than the "news" websites about Ukraine, Syria and Iraq. So my usage of sites like this is on the increase and that will continue. I would never trade off a Seeking Alpha quote - but I highly value quality geopolitical news.
    I am sure you will inform me if my judgement is wrong.
    23 Jun 2014, 06:17 PM Reply Like
  • loftguy
    , contributor
    Comments (3) | Send Message

Ambarella (AMBA) also possibly incorrectly reported by Seeking Alpha. Yahoo Finance reports AMBA up 1% after hours.
    23 Jun 2014, 07:32 PM Reply Like