- Glu Mobile's (GLUU) Deer Hunter 2014 and Eternity Warrior 2 are already available on Google's new Android TV platform. Each title supports 1080p gameplay on TV sets.
- Android TV, revealed yesterday at Google I/O, supports controller-based gaming to go with a variety of media options. Sony, Philips, and Sharp have promised to offer Android TV sets in 2015, and Razer and Asus promise to offer set-tops. Initial volumes could be limited, particularly compared with smartphone shipments.
- Amazon included gaming support within its recently-launched Fire TV set-top, and Apple is expected to do so in its next-gen Apple TV. Each platform is hoping to appeal casual gamers by offering cheap hardware that can leverage giant mobile gaming ecosystems.
- Glu is at its highest levels since early April.
- Update: A strong reception for the recently-launched Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is helping Glu rally.