- The Shanghai Composite rose 0.7% overnight, with the ChiNext Index of small company stocks popping 2% after the first IPOs to hit the mainland in four months jumped an average 44%. Trading volume in Shanghai was 9.2% above the 30-day average.
- China's securities watchdog recently lifted a ban on IPOs and it expects to allow about 100 between June and year-end.
- The Hang Seng (EWH) climbed 1.5%.
- China ETFs: FXI, EWH, PGJ, GXC, FXP, KWEB, YINN, ASHR, YANG, CQQQ, MCHI, QQQC, PEK, XPP, YAO, YXI, CHXF, EWHS, FCHI, CN, FCA, CHNA, FHK, KBA
- China small-cap ETFs: HAO, ECNS, EWHS, ASHS