- Anadigics (ANAD) is cutting 140 jobs, or ~30% of its workforce, as part of a restructuring that will feature a downsizing of the company's chip manufacturing ops.
- The company expects to record $7.3M in charges ($2.3M cash), and eventually achieve over $15M/year in cost savings.
- Citing weaker demand for "legacy mobile" products, Anadigics now forecasts Q2 revenue of $23M (-34% Y/Y) and EPS of -$0.10, below a consensus of $25.5M and -$0.09.
- The chipmaker says it'll focus more on its growing/higher-margin telecom infrastructure IC business going forward, along with "strategic mobile markets" (presumably includes Wi-Fi front-end ICs).
- Shares are halted.
- Update (4:53PM ET): Shares are now down 1.9% AH.
Anadigics cutting ~30% of workforce, issues Q2 warning
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Nov 26, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 26, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Sep 4, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 17, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 29, 2011)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs