- Russell Investments is planning its annual index realignment today, affecting more than $5T in assets. Credit Suisse estimates $42B will trade as a result of the adjustment, resulting in one of the biggest trading days of the year in terms of dollar volume.
- Asset managers and investors will have to realign their portfolios to match up with the new shifts in indices such as the Russell 2000 and the Russell 3000.
- Due to the expected surge in volume, exchanges are now busy preparing for possible technical issues occurring over the course of the day.
- Yesterday, the London Stock Exchange said it will acquire Frank Russell for $2.7B.
- Russell ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, SPXS, IWF, SKF, URTY, IWD, TWM, IWO, IWN, RWM, SRTY, IWV, IWB, VTWO, VONE, IWW, IWZ, VTWG, UKK, ROLA, RTLA, FBG, THRK, UKF, SKK, EWRS, ONEK, TWOK, VTHR, VONG, VTWV, SMLV, UVT, VONV, UVG, EWRI, SJH, UWC, LGLV, TWQ, SJF, FIBG