- Transformers: Age of Extinction took in close to $100M at movie theaters in the U.S. and over $300M globally in a smashing opening weekend.
- The film cost $165M to produce, according to Studio System News.
- The Transformers franchise continues to mesmerize in China. Some early estimates have Transformers 4 setting an all-time opening weekend record of $90M.
- The film took in close to $11M for screenings in the IMAX (IMAX) format over the three-day period.
- Though critical reviews and crowdsourcing scores (17% at Rotten Tomatoes) for the latest Transformers installment were underwhelming, the giant profits derived for Paramount Pictures (VIA, VIAB) is expected to give some life to plans for a Transformers 5 movie.
Stunning opening weekend for 4th Transformers movie
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Apr 8, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Apr 7, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Apr 7, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jan 27, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jan 20, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs