- Linn Energy (LINE, LNCO) agrees to acquire U.S. oil and gas properties from Devon Energy (DVN) for $2.3B.
- The assets currently produce ~275M cfe/day (~80% gas), with total proved reserves of 1.3T-1.5T cfe and total resource potential of ~3T cfe.
- The asset package is comprised of ~900K net acres across the Rockies, Mid-Continent, east Texas, north Louisiana and south Texas regions with ~4,500 total wells; LINN says it has identified 1K-plus future drilling locations and ~600 recompletion opportunities.
- LINN says the acquisition will be financed ultimately through the sale of its Granite Wash assets and other non-producing acreage in its portfolio.
- DVN says the deal covers remaining U.S. assets it had targeted for divestiture, and that the sale of Canadian and U.S. non-core properties over the past few months has generated $5B-plus in proceeds at an accretive multiple of nearly 7x 2013 EBITDA.
- LINE +0.3%, DVN +0.4% premarket.