- Though CalAmp (CAMP) beat FQ1 estimates, it's guiding for FQ2 revenue of $57M-$61M and EPS of $0.17-$0.21, below a consensus of $62.5M and $0.22.
- The company expects "a sharp decline" in positive train control radio products, and only a "modest contribution" from Latin American MRM (mobile asset monitoring/control) product sales. Also, satellite revenue is expected to be down Q/Q "to the lower end of its normal quarterly operating range."
- On the other hand, wireless datacom revenue is forecast to be up Q/Q and Y/Y thanks to the resumption of shipments to a key solar OEM client (previous) and healthy demand in most core verticals.
- Fiscal 2H is expected to be "significantly stronger" than 1H, aided by wireless datacom strength in the auto insurance telematics and heavy equipment markets. But full-year satellite performance is now expected to be "below earlier expectations."
- FQ1 gross margin was 34.3% vs. 34.4% in FQ4 and a year ago. Opex rose fractionally Y/Y to $15.62M.
- Strong MRM sales fueled a 17% Y/Y increase in wireless datacom revenue to $47.8M. Satellite revenue fell 14% to $11.1M.
- FQ1 results, PR