Seadrill, SapuraKencana JV's first pipe-laying vessel starts Petrobras job

• Seadrill (SDRL) says it has started work with its first pipe-laying vessel in Brazil's offshore Campos Basin for Petrobras, three months ahead of the contracted delivery date.
  • The five-year project to be completed through a SDRL joint venture with SapuraKencana and IHC Merwede began three months ahead of schedule and has an estimated value of $445M during its initial term, which also can be renewed for an additional five years.
From other sites
Comments (17)
  • captain jim
    Comments (11) | Send Message

Does anyone know if this is a 50/50 joint venture with sapura only or does IHC Merwede have a part? And who is IHC Merwede? Thanks for input. Captain Jim
    3 Jul, 02:13 PM Reply Like
  • A Prudent Investor
    Comments (1192) | Send Message

Funny, I don't see this announcement on SapuraKencana website. Another misleading post from Seadrill PR department.
    5 Jul, 03:53 AM Reply Like
  • JoeBirle
    Comments (13) | Send Message

IHC has in-house expertise for engineering and manufacturing integrated standard and custom-built vessels, advanced equipment and also providing life-cycle support. This integrated systematic approach has helped to develop optimum product performance and long-term business partnerships.
    3 Jul, 02:21 PM Reply Like
  • Brogembank
    Comments (19) | Send Message

IHC is a Dutch company which has been in the construction of such purpose-built vessels for more than a century and still going strong

regards
    Brogembank
    3 Jul, 02:30 PM Reply Like
  • Debutant
    Comments (2268) | Send Message

A few millions here and a few millions there; pipes here and rigs there; 5 year contracts here and 3 year contracts there; a JV here and a fully owned operation there; that's how the cookie crumbles for SDRL shareholders.
    3 Jul, 02:57 PM Reply Like
  • skeetman1
    Comments (21) | Send Message

and the beat goes on.
    3 Jul, 03:33 PM Reply Like
  • YCantIRetire
    Comments (439) | Send Message

Debutant
    Isn't there one more morsel (crumb) to add; Partial ownership (via stock) in SapuraKencana?
    3 Jul, 07:04 PM Reply Like
  • teund5@yajoo.com
    Comments (3) | Send Message

I would like a pullback below $39 before I buy more. This has been a nice buy point in the past.
    3 Jul, 06:00 PM Reply Like
  • mapodga
    Comments (3152) | Send Message

Teund5,

When will be 42, you will say that want to have 40 again to buy... :)

Lets face it, that you can very rarely buy stock in lowest position. It is just important to buy it on way up, not down.

If is so economical as SDRL then stock is on way up. It can have some dips down but it is not necessary.
    4 Jul, 03:58 AM Reply Like
  • njbother
    Comments (364) | Send Message

Tuend5.

Sell weekly puts like I do.

Also very long the stock, but also selling some 41&42 calls to trim back to a core position.
    3 Jul, 11:28 PM Reply Like
  • Gary Grant
    Comments (136) | Send Message

njb

how tightly do you sell the weekly puts? I've sold some a couple months out, usually just at-the-money, and let SDRL creep past that.
    7 Jul, 01:27 AM Reply Like
  • dwest392
    Comments (4) | Send Message

SDRL is the leader in drill ships and has the newest fleet. World wide demand for oil and gas is going up and SDRL is a key player.
    3 Jul, 11:59 PM Reply Like
  • A Prudent Investor
    Comments (1192) | Send Message

Seadrill has the most debt and risk with a leadership of gamblers. Why should they care when it's OPM. Dinosaurs were large and they became extinct. FRO was the largest and imploded. An over expansion of rigs will deconstruct Seadrill.
    5 Jul, 09:48 AM Reply Like
  • go-4-it
    Comments (720) | Send Message

yep, SA pulled my G rated comment about how we haven't heard from PI, although I see he commented negatively on it now. Yes SA readers, SA loves this basher, but will strike any comment you have toward PI, as he's in bed with somebody here at SA.

Well have fun all, I am off this site for good, no need for a biased site forum.

I will hang onto SDRL and keep raking it in. Contrary to PI's thinking, I will get rich, and he will get his chump change from his T investment.
    5 Jul, 04:07 AM Reply Like
  • A Prudent Investor
    Comments (1192) | Send Message

Go4it, take care of your self. I am sure you will keep reading my comments on Seadrill. SA is a fair and balanced site. You need to accept opposing views.
    5 Jul, 09:48 AM Reply Like
  • hallereugene@gmail.com
    Comments (272) | Send Message

I dont think that was his problem. His problem was that his comment got yanked because he criticized your comments being constantly the same with nothing new to back it up. Actually I had invested 1/3 of my allotment into SDRL a few months back then looked at EPD which you recommended. I dont see a good entry point and the dividends are not exciting at all. So Ive made an 18% gain before dividends buying into SDRL. My problem was I should have listened to Tankerat and Saratoga and put in at least 70% of my allotment into this sector.

So when is it a good point to enter EPD MMP ETE and WMB with a time horizon of 5 yrs considering the market is at an all time high?
    5 Jul, 12:39 PM Reply Like
  • mapodga
    Comments (3152) | Send Message

Yes PI, you just taking our energy here and providing almost nothing new. And you put so many such nothing-new posts that they have effect of the scam. You should limit the number if your posts in one discussion in some way. This would be friendly to others.

Every idea is welcome one, but you don't provide any, but just contra to everything.

I also get busted few answers to PI, but I won't leave SA because of this. When I was young i lived in country that had censorship so I don't take this to much tragically like some others.
    5 Jul, 04:24 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Tools
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio:
Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub