- Tim Cook is "actively seeking new directors" for Apple's (AAPL +2.1%) board, the WSJ reports. The paper notes the 8-person board currently has 6 directors aged 63 or older, and is "known for its loyalty" to Steve Jobs.
- The WSJ also highlights the differences between Cook and Jobs' management styles - One ex-employee: "The only thing that Steve cared about was creating great products ... Tim is much more worried about everything at the company." - and recent moves that point to strategy shifts, such as allowing Beats to keep its brand and significantly expanding what developers are allowed to do with iOS/Mac OS.
- It also airs concerns among current/former employees Apple is spreading itself too thin. "It was Steve's job to say no," says one of them. "Tim is not as comfortable doing that."
- Chinese site IT168 reports the 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6 models will respectively have 1800mAh and 2,500mAh batteries - considerably larger than the iPhone 5S' 1560mAh battery - thanks to their extra real estate.
- Larger batteries are generally the norm for bigger phones - the Galaxy S5 has a 2800mAH battery. The report comes as Google gets set to roll out Android L, which promises a big improvement in Android's oft-criticized battery life.
- Sonny Dickson has leaked a video said to show a 4.7" iPhone 6 front panel sporting sapphire cover glass. GT Advanced (GTAT) has been busy ramping sapphire production for Apple this year. A June report from the hit-and-miss Economic Daily News stated only the 5.5" iPhone 6 will have sapphire cover glass, due to production limits.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Fri, 12:49PM)
at ValueWalk.com (Wed, 5:29PM)
at Zacks.com (Wed, 4:24PM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 12:57PM)
at CNBC.com (Wed, 12:05PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs