AT&T will be the first carrier to sell LG smartwatch

• AT&T (T) says it will be the first U.S. wireless carrier to sell LG's (LGEIY) smartwatch - known as the "G Watch". The device was made in partnership with Google (GOOG, GOOGL), and will be available for pre-order starting on July 8 for $299.
  • Demand for wearable devices is skyrocketing. Juniper Research forecasts the value of the wearable device market this year at $1.5B, up from $800M in 2013.
From other sites
Comments (8)
  • devlau20
    , contributor
    Comments (378) | Send Message

AT&T could sell fresh produce. It's going nowhere fast.
    8 Jul 2014, 02:56 AM Reply Like
  • june1234
    , contributor
    Comments (3372) | Send Message

Marketing, an AT&T tradition
    8 Jul 2014, 07:23 AM Reply Like
  • 683
    , contributor
    Comments (50) | Send Message

If is the same quality of the phone, too expensive.
    8 Jul 2014, 07:24 AM Reply Like
  • chopchop0
    , contributor
    Comments (4218) | Send Message

Yup. Will probably be $99 refurbished soon enough like the Samsung Galaxy Gear watch
    8 Jul 2014, 10:04 AM Reply Like
  • jumpnjoey77
    , contributor
    Comments (988) | Send Message

Ugg, I guess the next leg of the device boom will go along without me. I hate wearing watches.
    8 Jul 2014, 08:07 AM Reply Like
  • damram
    , contributor
    Comments (36) | Send Message

Why is it called a watch? I only look at mine, I don't watch it. So if you hate wearing it get yourself a pocket look, errr, watch I mean. They still make pants with that little pocket don't they? What was it called? Oh yeah a watch pocket.....
    8 Jul 2014, 08:26 AM Reply Like
  • sunwindgeo
    , contributor
    Comments (728) | Send Message

Never underestimate the power of the next new smart thing. ATT has thrown all of their marbles into a few areas. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them soaring 25% higher after their latest moves plus they will have money to do more 'next new things' and develop their online media dept. Plus time right for dividend stocks. Oh right today ex div date on their 0.46 cent quarterly dividend.

Good timing, and dec. to keep dividend going is important. They've been around for a long time.
    8 Jul 2014, 08:34 AM Reply Like
  • Blacktop81
    , contributor
    Comments (47) | Send Message

I think T is an good dividend play w/PE of 10 and Beta of 0.5 and yield of 5+% but they are kind of held back by the land line. They just can't throw it away. Maybe some day they will get a winner. They will never be an apple but they can keep giving me a 5% yield for my retirement.
    8 Jul 2014, 08:36 AM Reply Like