- Leading this week's decline are a lot of the same names which led March's "momo" selloff, among them the biotechs (XBI -4.5%) and social media (SOCL -4.4%). Also familiar, small caps (IWM -1.5%) are off more than the other major indexes.
- Doing their jobs are the low volatility ETFs like SPLV (SPLV) and USMV (USMV -0.2%), as well as defensive sectors like the utilities (XLU +0.6%).
- Raymond James' typically bullish Jeffrey Saut is out with a note calling for the first decent pullback of the year - a 10-12% decline - to commence later this month or early August, and he suggests investors begin raising cash.
- Biotech ETFs: XBI, BBH, FBT, PBE
- Low-vol ETFs: SPLV, LGLV, CFA, CFO
- Utility ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, UPW, FUTY, RYU, FXU, PUI, SDP, PSCU