- Facebook (FB) ad campaign software provider Nanigans reports (.pdf) its clients saw a 146% Y/Y increase in Facebook ad click rates in Q2 to 0.36%. Click rates were only at 0.24% in Q1, and 0.23% in Q4.
- The average price of ads sold on a CPM basis rose 57% Q/Q and 218% Y/Y to $1.95, and the average price for cost-per-click (CPC) ads rose 7% Q/Q and 29% Y/Y to $0.55.
- E-commerce ad clients (a major vertical) saw a 111% increase in click rates, a 175% increase in CPMs, and a 30% increase in CPCs. Gaming ad clients saw a 579% increase in click rates, a 367% increase in CPMs, and a 30% increase in CPCs. Mobile strength fueled the gaming click rate and CPM growth.
- Sponsored (unpublished) news feed page posts made up ~50% of tracked ad spend, and app install ads ~30%. 56% of spending was on mobile.
- Nanigans also issued positive numbers for Facebook ahead of its Q1 beat. Q2 results are due on July 23.