Pixelworks +18.7%; SA author sets $22 PT on Apple hopes

After conducting research, 3D Analytics believes PIxelworks' (PXLW) collaboration with Apple is for an upcoming TV set.

The author notes Apple accounted for 14% of Pixelworks' Q1 revenue, and highlights CC remarks (transcript) stating Pixelworks has obtained mass-production qualification for a video-processing SoC (meant for large-screen products) being developed with an unnamed partner.

Pixelworks added it expects volume production for the SoC to start in Q2, and to ramp in 2H14.

Worth noting: The Apple rumor mill has been mostly silent this year about a TV set launch (not the case in prior years). On the other hand, there have been multiple reports stating a new Apple TV set-top supporting gaming and select access to pay-TV content is on tap.

From other sites
Comments (7)
  • Mark Gomes
    , contributor
    Comments (2563) | Send Message

Great day for PTT Research with GLUU also taking off on analysts upgrades. Both stocks are up 50% in 6 weeks for our subscribers. http://seekingalpha.co...

You can also see our complete Seeking Alpha coverage of PXLW here: http://bit.ly/1nelk1b Then, visit us at PTT Research. You'll see that our 25 years of professional experience is the reason why we are early (and often alone) in picking winners like these.
    9 Jul 2014, 01:58 PM Reply Like
  • Philip Marlowe
    , contributor
    Comments (1513) | Send Message

You know I once did look into your track record, and I am a little less enthusiastic about your ability to pick winners, but boy you really are an expert at pumping. I do hope you can pump this baby to 15 so I can short it.
    9 Jul 2014, 02:04 PM Reply Like
  • greggo72
    , contributor
    Comments (69) | Send Message

I don't know Phil, but I don't think he'd be in business, being able to charge $350 a month if he was a pumper and dumper. I own 19 stock and out of the 5 Gomes recommendations that are in my portfolio, two of those are my top gainers and one is somewhere in the middle.
    9 Jul 2014, 05:03 PM Reply Like
  • Jam3s
    , contributor
    Comments (17) | Send Message

Phil does have a point. The amount of people Gomes has an influence on is large enough to make almost any stock golden.
    Look at retailer DLIA, Gomes picked this stock back in february, stock jumped 50% but is back to where it started today since Gomes removed DLIA from his portfolio.
    No offense though, I admire Mr G his analyses :)
    9 Jul 2014, 05:38 PM Reply Like
  • TechSpec
    , contributor
    Comments (93) | Send Message

I thought Gomes' first article about PXLW was a pump. He blatantly tried to convince readers that Apple would do business with them. Then a funny thing happened. PXLW actually landed AAPL.

I don't like his salesman attitude, but I have to admit that he makes a lot of sick calls. And he didn't write today's pump piece. You'd be surprised at what he tells his paying members. He's actually more of an anti-pumper.
    9 Jul 2014, 07:09 PM Reply Like
  • jonny0017
    , contributor
    Comments (414) | Send Message

Sucks to be late to the party huh, Phil?
    11 Jul 2014, 07:23 AM Reply Like
  • thestockbroker
    , contributor
    Comments (608) | Send Message

I don't know Mark however I have closely followed his thesis on several stocks he has written about on SA, and I promise I am more than willing to slam someone when I think they're writing garbage, with all the IMO, I believe, we think, all those useless disclaimers, I have only seen Mark take full responsibility for his picks, now that's easier to do when they are up 75&, however I did see him get ripped on his DLIA post on SA, I also saw him take heat on another pick that wasn't "moving" as if the poster was owed a quick 15% as if it was an IPO. Having said that, and having been doing this for a VERY long time, you should do with his picks the same as you should do with anyone's pick, use the idea and begin your own DD (due diligence) than whatever it does the decision to buy was yours, if you are smart enough to buy the ones that go up and avoid the ones that drop you should be retired in 5-7 years easily, otherwise tossing out blind criticisms with no specifics, and you can't use DLIA as it's been thrown at him til it died. Give us 1-2 specifics that support what you say, if you're right I'd like to be able to jump on the bash MG bandwagon. With Herb Greenberg and Dan Dorfman gone (No Herbs not dead, just wishes he were) I need a target for my hostilities.
    9 Jul 2014, 06:48 PM Reply Like