Boeing predicts $5.2T plane market through 2033

Boeing (BA) expects global plane demand to rise exponentially in the next two decades, stating that the world will need ~37k new jets worth $5.2T by 2033. The new estimate is up 4.2% from the company's 2013 forecast.

The aircraft-maker also expects to beat Airbus (EADSF) in the "twin-aisle plane" market during the next 20 years. Boeing's 787 and 777X jets are already supplying 65% of all current orders, as Airbus lags behind taking the other 35%.

"If Airbus doesn't do something with their product strategy, they're headed to 30-35% market share in deliveries of next-generation twin-aisle aircraft," says Boeing VP of Marketing Randy Tinseth.

Airbus is still debating whether to revamp its aging A330 into a new cost efficient and updated jet called the A330neo.

BA +0.3% AH

From other sites
Comments (1)
  • joegillam
    , contributor
    Comments (1181) | Send Message
    Sometime in that next 20 years the EURO countries will get a bit tired of supporting AirBus and they will slip by the wayside.
    10 Jul 2014, 03:05 PM Reply Like
DJIA (DIA) S&P 500 (SPY)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs