- Down more than 2% at the session low, the Stoxx 50 (FEZ) closed with a loss of 1.6%. Spain and Italy were each off about 2%, while Germany (EWG) lost 1.5%, France (EWQ) 1.3%, and the U.K. 0.7%. Portugal's PSI 20 Index dove 4.2%, led by Banco Espirito Santo's 17.2% loss (it was halted from trade before the market close).
- Previously: European banks tumble on Portugal trouble
- ETFs: VGK, FEZ, IEV, HEDJ, EPV, EZU, FEU, FEP, UPV, ADRU, FEEU, EURL, EURZ, DBEU, IEUR, FIEU
- With Europe closed, the U.S. is in rally mode, with an early 1% loss in the major averages now whittled down to a negligible amount.
- ETFs: VV, SCHX, FEX, JKD, EQL, EEH, IWL, ERW, FWDD, SYE
A bounce into the close, but Europe finishes sharply lower
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 24, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 20, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Mar 13, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Feb 27, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs