52-week highs for Glu as Bloomberg highlights Kardashian game

Kim Kardashian: Hollywood might be Glu Mobile's (GLUU +8.4%) "biggest game of the year," says CEO Niccolo de Masi during a Bloomberg interview. "Kim is a one-of-a-kind talent with an incredibly precise fit to the game engine that we tailored but already had in the company," he adds, apparently with a straight face.

Bloomberg notes Cowen believes the game could produce $200M in annual revenue. Even if that figure includes Apple/Google's 30% cut, achieving it would spell a windfall for Glu, which currently has a 2014 revenue consensus of $160.9M.

The game is still #2 and #5 on App Annie's lists for the top free and grossing U.S. iPhone apps. It's #23 and #20 on comparable Google Play rankings. Users have given it a rating of 5/5 on the App Store, and 4.3/5 on Google Play.

From other sites
Comments (26)
  • user418
    Comments (264) | Send Message

Do I smell a google buyout of GLUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM Reply Like
  • rafruano
    Comments (145) | Send Message

IT'S BEEN QUITE A RIDE! YOU GO GLU!

BEEN LONG STAYIN LONG

TGIF!
    11 Jul 2014, 12:34 PM Reply Like
  • Copious28
    Comments (442) | Send Message

LoL, precise fit
    11 Jul 2014, 12:37 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

I don't see a Google buyout happening, but this is just the beginning for GLUU. See my "Poised To Triple" articles on SeekingAlpha and PTT Research for all the details.
    11 Jul 2014, 12:46 PM Reply Like
  • cshanahn12
    Comments (261) | Send Message

There's no doubt that GLUU has a bright future; however when the CEO calls Kim Kardashian a talent, I start to question the intelligence of management. You can't consider somebody like Kim talented given the vast amount of resources she has at her disposal. Remember that she didn't exactly come from nothing, she was born rich.
    13 Jul 2014, 12:03 PM Reply Like
  • JetNation
    Comments (12) | Send Message

I would like to apologize to all of you. I was completely wrong on this company and it has cost me dearly. Congrats to all of you for not jumping ship. I wish I would have listened to you.
    11 Jul 2014, 01:02 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

Jet,

It's a big man that admits his misses, but we ALL have our share. Many investors don't yet understand (or trust) the methods we use (or the money we spend) to analyze our picks. It's very understandable in a world full of crooks.

But one by one, we're earning investors' trust. I'm looking forward to proving ourselves to you as well.

Kindest Regards,

Mark G.
    11 Jul 2014, 03:02 PM Reply Like
  • Peter999
    Comments (24) | Send Message

Jet,
    Why don't you just get long? The stock may have a slight pullback over the next week, but the odds are extremely good that the bull run is just kicking off. It is at 6 for the 3rd or 4th time (depending how far back you go). After 6 the technical resistance is much less. The Kardashian game, along with the continued success of deer hunter, has taken out all the fundamental risk out in my opinion. I think in a lot of ways there is less risk buying it here than there was at 4, when the fundamental picture was cloudier. I sold my stock between 4 and 5 a couple months ago, and have bought back in big this week. Buying higher than you sold feels awkward, but can often be the right move.
    11 Jul 2014, 04:34 PM Reply Like
  • rafruano
    Comments (145) | Send Message

Well said Peter! I just gave a few of my friends the same advice. And you didn't mention Dino Hunter which seems to be off to a really solid start!
    I sold a couple thousand shares at $6.05, but have plenty left to enjoy future gains...and if it pulls back enough, I'll pick up some more.

ALL GOOD AND CONGRATS TO LONGS
    11 Jul 2014, 04:43 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

Congrats indeed! :)

As a reminder of where GLUU is going: http://seekingalpha.co...

Have a great weekend everyone!
    11 Jul 2014, 04:50 PM Reply Like
  • aasimbilwani
    Comments (4) | Send Message

Mark, qudos on GLUU. Great call. I am looking into your other picks - are they all on the PTT website?
    11 Jul 2014, 05:45 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

MOST of our picks are available for public viewing, but some are only given to paying members. Subscription $$ pays for the industry experts we pay to help make these great calls. The experts are our lifeblood and our subscribers help to keep it all flowing.

You can learn more about our strategy for making everyone rich here: http://bit.ly/1y5l9sN

Cheers!
    11 Jul 2014, 06:03 PM Reply Like
  • thestockbroker
    Comments (608) | Send Message

Mark, I am appalled that with all the $$$ your team spends on research that CYNK was not on your PTT list, I guess we all miss one. Take a look at the chart and enjoy
    11 Jul 2014, 06:24 PM Reply Like
  • Rio Adityo
    Comment (1) | Send Message

Great work Mark!

Wasn't a believer in Gluu initially but then I read & liked the story you presented on the strengths and prospects. Invested on this subsequently and making nice returns.
    Congrats to Longs!
    11 Jul 2014, 06:35 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

Broker...I looked at CYNK, but didn't see a real business there, especially relative to the valuation. If it was easy to borrow, I'd call it one of our top shorts of the year (because it will go down substantially...it's just a matter of time).

I understood / understand the potential TRADING opportunity, but my reputation is based on being a strong investor. Trading vs Investing. I'm actually a very mediocre trader if I don't have intimate knowledge of the business. By being super selective, we can limit the losses on our losers, while gaining spectacularly on our winners. I hope that helps.

Rio...congrats! Very happy for everyone who is benefiting from this unfolding success story. Cheers :)
    11 Jul 2014, 07:12 PM Reply Like
  • thestockbroker
    Comments (608) | Send Message

was actually a bit facetious, apparently they have like 1 vending machine in somewhere that isn't even working, LOL it's a Nevada corp. with HQ in Belize and the phone's disconnected. One I'm glad we all missed. Take care sir
    11 Jul 2014, 07:46 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

LOOOOL. You got me.
    11 Jul 2014, 09:08 PM Reply Like
  • Alanlab
    Comment (1) | Send Message

After a pullback we have earnings first week of August that should blow away estimates and we should be at $7 by then. Long glu.
    12 Jul 2014, 09:37 AM Reply Like
  • draland
    Comments (516) | Send Message

Hey everyone, I DON'T want ANY BUYOUT of GLUU, it's worth a hell of a lot more than the 'stupid "20"-percent premium if that, which will be offered.
    With all deference to Mr.Gomes and his track record for buyouts, this is ONE STOCK which should be left to run 'organically' for the next year or two, then Mr.. Niccolosa can do whatever the HELL he want's with the Company !!
    I want my$30-$50/pps in 24-months that this BLOCK-Buster of a company will command, IMHO, especially when the Large-screen deal thing get's going !
    I would love NOTHING better than playing on the large screen and, yes as opposed to me dishing out $99 to play on my MINI-iPhone screen which keeps making me BLIND, I will PAY to PLAY Dino-Hunter or other titles ON THE LARGE SCREEN at Home.
    And if no one has noticed, if you bother to go see that Annie-app 'whatever-the-hell-grader thing, looking for Kim-Kardassian gradings of # 2-5, SURPRISE !!!
    Who is #1 now ???
    GLUU AGAIN, but this time for MY favorite DINOSAUR HUNT OR BE HUNTED GAME !
    And just wait until HERCULES hits the Silver Screen, that also is an AWESOME GAME/APP.
    GLUU buy-out for $7-8 ????
    Thanks but NO THANKS !!
    Nuff Said and Ty PTT !!!!
    12 Jul 2014, 07:10 PM Reply Like
  • cshanahn12
    Comments (261) | Send Message

Kim Kardashian a talent? Are you kidding me? She was born into wealth and not exactly somebody who came from nothing. Kim was handed everything her entire life, I wouldn't exactly call it natural talent given the resources she has.
    13 Jul 2014, 11:49 AM Reply Like
  • allstar0088
    Comments (408) | Send Message

@cshanahn12

Important trading lesson to be learned from KK: Don't let your opinions get in the way of making money.
    13 Jul 2014, 12:30 PM Reply Like
  • cshanahn12
    Comments (261) | Send Message

I'll be looking to short once I see some weakness, this volume and uptrend are both unsustainable.
    14 Jul 2014, 07:19 PM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

Very possible from a technical perspective, but have you run the numbers on how much they stand to earn in Q3 and Q4? Street estimates are absurdly low IMHO. Just my two cents.
    15 Jul 2014, 09:55 AM Reply Like
  • draland
    Comments (516) | Send Message

And you are speaking just to Who, Sir ?
    16 Jul 2014, 12:21 AM Reply Like
  • Mark Gomes
    Comments (2647) | Send Message

The post directly above mine.
    16 Jul 2014, 01:17 AM Reply Like
  • Matt The Intern
    Comments (28) | Send Message

STX, LGF, FB, HIMX, and GSAT. All triples! PXWL and GLUU on their way. Anyone who still doubts Gomes is either stupid or hasn’t done their homework on this guy.
    16 Jul 2014, 11:42 AM Reply Like