- EPS of $4.10 vs. $3.70 a year ago, $4.02 in Q1. Annualized ROE of 10.9%.
- Investment banking revenue of $1.78B up 15% Y/Y, with underwriting revenue of $1.28B up 20% thanks to a big boost in equity underwriting.
- Institutional Client Services revenue of $3.83B falls 11% from a year ago and 14% from Q1 due to "significantly lower" action in currencies and, to a lesser extent, commodities. "Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Client Execution continued to operate in a challenging environment as market volatility and levels of activity generally remained low."
- Investing & Lending revenue of $2.07B up 46% Y/Y, led by big gains in private equity investments.
- Investment Management revenue of $1.44B up 8% Y/Y.
- Operating expenses of $6.3B up 6%, with compensation and benefit expense of $3.92B up 6%. Compensation and benefit ratio of 43% is flat from a year ago. Non-compensation expenses of $2.38B up 5%, helped by higher provisions for legal and regulatory action.
- 7.8M shares repurchased during Q at average cost of $160.89 for total cost of $1.25B. 39.1M shares remain under current authorization.
- Conference call at 10:30 ET
- Previously: Goldman Sachs beats by $1.05, beats on revenue
- GS +1.7% premarket
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jun 9, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jun 8, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jun 1, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs