- Anglo American (OTCPK:AAUKY, OTCPK:AAUKF) says it met all platinum deliveries during Q2 despite five months of strikes in South Africa that cut production by 40%.
- Amplats' mined output for the quarter fell to 358K platinum equiv. oz., while production at refineries fell 28% Y/Y to 421K oz.
- Production of iron ore, which accounts for about half of Anglo American's earnings, rose 2% Y/Y to 11.5M metric tons; a 6% gain in copper output to 194K tons is attributed to improved productivity at the Los Bronces and Collahuasi mines in Chile.
- Production at De Beers rose 7% to 8.5M carats after a recovery from last year’s pit flooding at its Venetia diamond mine in South Africa.
- Anglo reports H1 earnings next Friday; it has warned that H1 profit fell as much as 96% Y/Y because of the strike.
at CNBC.com (Nov 10, 2014)