- Anglo American (OTCPK:AAUKY, OTCPK:AAUKF) says it met all platinum deliveries during Q2 despite five months of strikes in South Africa that cut production by 40%.
- Amplats' mined output for the quarter fell to 358K platinum equiv. oz., while production at refineries fell 28% Y/Y to 421K oz.
- Production of iron ore, which accounts for about half of Anglo American's earnings, rose 2% Y/Y to 11.5M metric tons; a 6% gain in copper output to 194K tons is attributed to improved productivity at the Los Bronces and Collahuasi mines in Chile.
- Production at De Beers rose 7% to 8.5M carats after a recovery from last year’s pit flooding at its Venetia diamond mine in South Africa.
- Anglo reports H1 earnings next Friday; it has warned that H1 profit fell as much as 96% Y/Y because of the strike.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Dec 1, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 10, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Nov 7, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs