- U.K.-based Venda offers a cloud-based platform for handling online, mobile, and social e-commerce interactions, as well as managing in-store marketing and order fulfillment/logistics. Its customers include British retailers such as Tesco F&F Clothing, Boohoo.com, and Laura Ashley.
- NetSuite (N -1.3%), which already offers a multi-channel e-commerce software platform (SuiteCommerce, has seen strong growth over the last 2 years), says the purchase will improve SuiteCommerce's feature set and help the company expand in Europe. Deal terms are undisclosed for now.
- CEO Zach Nelson: "By combining Venda's deep customer insight and years of experience delivering a real-time, scalable commerce platform with NetSuite's cloud leadership, we can bring new capabilities to B2B and B2C companies of all sizes and transform how they run their businesses."
- The purchase heightens NetSuite's competitive challenge to Demandware (DWRE -1.5%), which receives a large chunk of its sales from European online merchants. SAP (via its hybris unit), IBM, and Oracle are also looking to provide multi-channel commerce platforms, and thus take advantage of the growing IT spending power of CMOs.
- More details will be given following NetSuite's July 24 Q2 report.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (May 5, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Nov 5, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 22, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 3, 2014)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs