- U.K.-based Venda offers a cloud-based platform for handling online, mobile, and social e-commerce interactions, as well as managing in-store marketing and order fulfillment/logistics. Its customers include British retailers such as Tesco F&F Clothing, Boohoo.com, and Laura Ashley.
- NetSuite (N -1.3%), which already offers a multi-channel e-commerce software platform (SuiteCommerce, has seen strong growth over the last 2 years), says the purchase will improve SuiteCommerce's feature set and help the company expand in Europe. Deal terms are undisclosed for now.
- CEO Zach Nelson: "By combining Venda's deep customer insight and years of experience delivering a real-time, scalable commerce platform with NetSuite's cloud leadership, we can bring new capabilities to B2B and B2C companies of all sizes and transform how they run their businesses."
- The purchase heightens NetSuite's competitive challenge to Demandware (DWRE -1.5%), which receives a large chunk of its sales from European online merchants. SAP (via its hybris unit), IBM, and Oracle are also looking to provide multi-channel commerce platforms, and thus take advantage of the growing IT spending power of CMOs.
- More details will be given following NetSuite's July 24 Q2 report.
at Nasdaq.com (Tue, 11:53AM)