- "We believe Skyworks’ (SWKS +13.5%) diverse analog portfolio is enabling content share gains in its handset customer base," writes Canaccord after taking in the RF component giant's FQ3 beat and very strong FQ4 guidance.
- Canaccord thinks the FQ4 outlook is due to a mixture of strong iPhone 6 content share, growing sales of higher dollar-content integrated solutions to Chinese/emerging markets OEMs (gaining Android share), and "growing traction" for the company's non-phone analog IC business.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, mobile infrastructure, and embedded products (the proverbial "Internet of Things") are some of the non-mobile RF markets Canaccord sees Skyworks growing its sales to. Needham, for its part, also sees the smart grid, automotive, and medical markets providing a boost.
- On the CC (transcript), CEO David Aldrich declared broader mobile RF demand is benefiting from the need to support a larger number of spectrum bands - Avago (AVGO +4.3%) also benefits from this - as well as growing system complexity (driving a shift towards integrated solutions) and OEM efforts to improve signal performance.
- RF component peers Avago, RF Micro (RFMD +6.7%), TriQuint (TQNT +6.8%), and Resonant (RESN +7%) are outperforming amid a tech rally, as are several other mobile suppliers. INVN +3.9%. HIMX +2.9%. OLED +5.3%. CRUS +2.9%.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 27, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 26, 2015)
at CNBC.com (Jan 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs