- "We believe Skyworks’ (SWKS +13.5%) diverse analog portfolio is enabling content share gains in its handset customer base," writes Canaccord after taking in the RF component giant's FQ3 beat and very strong FQ4 guidance.
- Canaccord thinks the FQ4 outlook is due to a mixture of strong iPhone 6 content share, growing sales of higher dollar-content integrated solutions to Chinese/emerging markets OEMs (gaining Android share), and "growing traction" for the company's non-phone analog IC business.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, mobile infrastructure, and embedded products (the proverbial "Internet of Things") are some of the non-mobile RF markets Canaccord sees Skyworks growing its sales to. Needham, for its part, also sees the smart grid, automotive, and medical markets providing a boost.
- On the CC (transcript), CEO David Aldrich declared broader mobile RF demand is benefiting from the need to support a larger number of spectrum bands - Avago (AVGO +4.3%) also benefits from this - as well as growing system complexity (driving a shift towards integrated solutions) and OEM efforts to improve signal performance.
- RF component peers Avago, RF Micro (RFMD +6.7%), TriQuint (TQNT +6.8%), and Resonant (RESN +7%) are outperforming amid a tech rally, as are several other mobile suppliers. INVN +3.9%. HIMX +2.9%. OLED +5.3%. CRUS +2.9%.
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Fri, 9:55AM)
at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 19, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 27, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Mar 26, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs