- Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) expects Q3 EPS of $0.89, below a $1.06 consensus.
- 570K U.S. streaming subs were added in Q2, above guidance of 520K. 1.12M international subs were added, above guidance of 940K. The U.S. and international bases respectively stood at 36.2M and 13.8M at quarter's end. The DVD base fell by 391K to 6.3M.
- Netflix expects to add 1.33M U.S. subs in Q3, and 2.36M international subs.
- Q2 free cash flow was $16M vs. $8M in Q1 and $13M a year ago. Domestic streaming contribution profit rose to $227M from $151M a year ago (margin of 27.1%), and international streaming contribution loss fell to $15M from $66M (margin of -5%).
- Streaming content obligations total $7.7B, up from $7.1B at the end of Q1 and $6.4B a year ago.
- ARPU is expected to "rise slowly" thanks to price hikes for new members. Netflix will launch in Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, and Luxembourg in September.
- NFLX +1.6% AH. Q2 results, shareholder letter (.pdf)
Netflix offers light EPS guidance, but strong subscriber figures
Are you Bullish or Bearish on ?
Results for ()
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Sat, 3:04PM)
at Investor's Business Daily (Fri, 6:10PM)
at CNBC.com (Thu, 5:38PM)
at CNBC.com (Thu, 5:13PM)
at Benzinga.com (Thu, 4:57PM)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs