- In addition to missing FQ1 revenue estimates by $18.8M, Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX) is guiding for FQ2 revenue to be flat to down 4% Q/Q. The consensus is for revenue $644.5M, 5% above FQ1 levels.
- Xilinx attributes the FQ1 weakness to soft sales to defense and wireless clients.
- Industrial, aerospace, & defense sales (31% of revenue) -9% Q/Q and -11% Y/Y, telecom & data center (50% of revenue) +1% Q/Q and +20% Y/Y, broadcast, consumer, & automotive (16% of revenue) +5% Q/Q and +3% Y/Y, everything else (3% of revenue) +39% Q/Q and +11% Y/Y.
- Gross margin +150 bps Q/Q to 69.1%, and above guidance of 68.1%. Xilinx expects an FQ2 GM of 70%. $100M was spent on buybacks.
- Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR) is following Xilinx lower.
- FQ1 results, PR
Xilinx -9.2% AH on revenue miss, guidance; Altera -3.2%
Check out Seeking Alpha’s new Earnings Center »
From other sites
Xilinx : Enables Any Media over Any Network with Comprehensive Suite of All Programmable Professional Video Solutionsat 4-traders.com (Mar 23, 2015)
at Zacks.com (Mar 11, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 30, 2015)
at Nasdaq.com (Jan 22, 2015)
at Investor's Business Daily (Jan 22, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs