- At issue for the bottom-line miss for Old Republic (ORI -3.5%) were "significantly higher case settlement and protracted litigation costs in the consumer credit indemnity portion of the run-off business." Indeed: RFIG pre-tax operating loss of $34.2M compares to a profit of $55.4M one year ago.
- In other segments, General Insurance pre-tax profit of 59.7M vs. $63.1M a year ago. Title Insurance pre-tax profit of $26M vs. $40.4M.
- June 30 book value per share of $15.29 vs. $13.95 a year ago.
- The earnings call begins at 3 ET.
- Previously: Old Republic misses by $0.02, misses on revenue
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Aug 6, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 5, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 21, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Jul 28, 2010)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs