- A source tells Bloomberg Zillow (Z +18.8%) could value Trulia (TRLA +28.7%) at up to $2B in a deal. That would imply an acquisition price of ~$54/share.
- The source adds a deal could be announced as soon as next week. Bloomberg cautions talks remain ongoing.
- The rumored price represents a ~33% premium to Trulia's Wednesday close. Nonetheless, it values the company at 6x 2015E sales, a multiple well below the 12x sported by Zillow as of yesterday's close.
- Perhaps more importantly, there's plenty of enthusiasm on the Street for a deal that would create a clear-cut leader in what remains a very fragmented online real estate market that still only accounts for a small (but growing) fraction of total U.S. real estate services spend.
- Earlier: Zillow reportedly looking to buy Trulia
From other sites
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 5, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Aug 4, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (Jul 30, 2015)
at CNBC.com (May 27, 2015)
Video at CNBC.com (May 12, 2015)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs