- Following a healthy FQ1, 8x8 (EGHT +10%) expects FY15 (ends March '15) revenue to grow "at least 25%." The company previously guided for FY15 revenue to grow "approximately 25%." Net income is still expected to account for a high-single digit % of revenue.
- Average monthly service revenue per business customer rose to $293 from $287 in FQ4 and $263 a year ago. Notably, churn fell to just 0.4% from 1.2% in both FQ4 and the year-ago period.
- Service revenue rose 29% Y/Y to $34.3M, product revenue rose 32% to $2.8M. A 94% increase in channel/mid-market sales helped fuel the growth.
- GAAP opex rose 42% to $37.4M. Service margin was 80% vs. 79% in FQ4 and 82% a year ago.
- Fellow VoIP/unified communications service providers RingCentral (RNG +4.2%) and Vonage (VG +2.4%) are also rallying, as is software supplier BroadSoft (BSFT +2.8%).
- 8x8's FQ1 results, PR, CC transcript
8x8 soars post-earnings; RingCentral, Vonage, BroadSoft also up
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Nov 3, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Oct 14, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Sep 30, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 5, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jun 4, 2013)
ETF Screener: Search and filter by asset class, strategy, theme, performance, yield, and much more
ETF Performance: View ETF performance across key asset classes and investing themes
ETF Investing Guide: Learn how to build and manage a well-diversified, low cost ETF portfolio
ETF Selector: An explanation of how to select and use ETFs